GoldenEar Triton Reference
Triton Reference floorstanding loudspeakers.
The Triton Reference is an evolution of everything that we have achieved with the Triton One, but taken to a stunning new level of sonic performance and sophisticated visual design. All the components in the T Ref: including the larger active sub-bass drivers with huge Focused Field™ magnet structures, upper-bass/ midrange drivers also with Focused Field magnet structures, and GoldenEar’s signature high-velocity folded ribbon tweeter with 50% more rare earth neodymium magnet material, are brand new and have been specifically developed for use in the Reference. The powerful 1800 watt subwoofer amplifier, with level control to fine tune the bass to your room, and 56-bit DSP control unit are an evolution of those used in the Triton One and our SuperSubs.
The new 6˝ upper/bass/midrange drivers are cast-basket units that incorporate a low-mass voice coil and a newly developed cone with unique low-mass bonding to the butyl rubber surround for improved transient response. In addition, they have a large, newly designed, specially engineered Focused Field magnet structure, which better directs the magnet flux to the voice coil gap.
The newly engineered 6˝ x 10˝ active low-frequency drivers for the built-in powered subwoofers have 40% more surface area than the active drivers used in the Triton One, along with a larger diameter voice coil and an even more massive magnet structure which also utilizes our Focused Field technology.
The new Reference High-Velocity Folded-Ribbon tweeter incorporates 50% more rare-earth neodymium magnet material than do our other HVFR tweeters, for improved transient response and higher efficiency.
The four inertially balanced 10-1/4˝ x 9-1/2˝ side-mounted (two on each side), planar, infrasonic radiators are similar to those used in the SuperSub X, but with greater excursion.
There are a myriad of other significant upgrades and refinements, including: new internal wiring with a specially developed twist, further development of our signature balanced crossover including film capacitors bridged across the high-pass section on the upperbass/midrange drivers, a unique proprietary mix of long-fiber lamb’s wool and Dacron for more effective internal damping, intensive work with a high-resolution accelerometer to determine the most effective implementation of complex internal bracing, a 3/32˝-thick steel plate built into the medite base to further stiffen it for increased stability, which results in higher resolution of subtle details, new stainless steel floor spikes and cups … and the list goes on and on.
Visually, the Reference offers a strikingly beautiful upgrade to the classic Triton styling, with a gorgeous hand-rubbed piano gloss-black lacquer finished one-piece monocoque cabinet. Sleek, statuesque and refined, the Reference is simply a gorgeous statement piece that will excite listeners with its dynamic visual presence, as well as its extraordinary sonic performance.
Sonically, the Reference has been engineered to perform with a dramatic and authoritative voice, comparable to speakers that sell for 10 and more times its surprisingly affordable price. They completely disappear, with superb three-dimensional imaging that stretches from wall to wall and beyond, and depth that makes the wall behind them seem to vanish. The astonishing bass is rocksolid with low-frequency performance that is tight, quick, highly impactful and musical with extension flat to 20 Hz and below. Another GoldenEar signature is a silky smooth high end that extends to 35 kHz with a lifelike sheen but no trace of hardness, sibilance or stridency so common with lesser tweeters. Tremendous time and energy has been put into the voicing of the speaker and the seamless blending of the drivers, for unmatched musicality with all types of music, and home theater perfection. Rarely do speakers excel at both, but with their world-class neutrality, the Reference absolutely does. A special bonus is the Reference’s extremely high 93.25 dB sensitivity, which gives them tremendous dynamic range and allows use with almost any high-quality amplifier, including many SET tube amps.
- Two 6 ˝ High-Definition Cast-Basket Reference Bass/Midrange Drivers w/ Multi-Vaned Phase Plugs.
- Optimized Dual-Chamber Upper Bass/Midrange Enclosure with Angled Rear and Side Walls.
- High-Gauss Reference High-Velocity Folded Ribbon Tweeter (HVFR ™) w/ Zobel Network.
- Open-Cell Polyurethane Foam Damping Pads.
- Proprietary Mix of Long-Fiber Lamb’s Wool and Dacron for Internal Damping.
- Three 6 ˝ x 10 ˝ Quadratic Reference Sub-Bass Drivers w/ Massive Focused-Field Magnet Structures.
- Elaborately Braced Accelerometer Optimized Non-Resonant Cabinet.
- Linear-Phase Balanced Crossover Network w/ Film Capacitors and Bridging Cap.
- Four Inertially-Balanced 10-1/4 ˝ x 9-1/2 ˝ Quadratic Planar Infrasonic Radiators - two on Each Side of Cabinet.
- Hybrid Phase-Perfect Electronic/ Passive Low Frequency Crossover.
- 1800-Watt DSP-Controlled Class D Digital Amplifier with Programmable Logic Device Based State Machine.
- Elegantly Sleek Piano Gloss Black Lacquer Finish Cabinet.
- Massive 3/32˝ Thick Steel Plate Built Into the Base for Exceptional Structural Rigidity.
High-Gauss Neodymium Reference High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) Tweeter
- Tweeter Diaphragm is a High Temperature Film
- 50% Larger High-Power Neodymium Magnet
- Squeezes/Pressurizes Air Instead of Pushing It
- Greater Control, Smoother More Extended Response
- Vanishingly Low Distortion
- Dramatically Improved Dynamic Range and Detail
- Superb Dispersion Characteristics
High-Definition 6˝ Cast-Basket Reference Bass/Midrange Drivers
- GoldenEar Multi-Vaned Phase Plug (MVPP) Design
- Rigid Free-Flow Cast-Basket Chassis
- Proprietary Computer Optimized Cone Topology
- High-Gauss Focused Field™ Magnet Assembly
- 1˝ High-Temperature Kapton Former Voice Coil
- Extremely Extended Resonant-Free Linear Frequency Response Characteristics
6˝ x 10˝ Long-Throw Quadratic Reference Sub-Bass Drivers
- Ultra-Long Throw
- Glass Fiber and Nomex® Composite Cone
- Huge, High-Gauss Focused Field™ Magnet Assembly
- 1.5˝ High-Temperature Aluminum Voice-Coil
- Quadratic Cone topology for Maximum Cone Surface Optimization
9-1/2˝ x 10-1/2˝ Quadratic Planar Infrasonic Radiators
- Quadratic Planar Radiators, Four on Triton Reference
- Pressure-Coupled Loading Extends Usable Bass Performance to the Infrasonic Region
- Performs Like a well-Tuned Transmission Line but with Superior transient Performance and Control
- Inertially-balanced opposing design
(height is with base installed, no spikes):
|W. 23.36 cm x D. 47.6 cm x H. 147.27 cm
Base: W. 34.5 cm x D. 56.4 cm
||Product: 108 lbs (49 kg)
Shipping: 150 lbs (68 kg)
||12 Hz - 35 kHz
||Three - 6˝ x 10˝ Long-Throw Quadratic Reference Subwoofers, coupled to:
Four - 9-1/2˝ x 10-1/2˝ Quadratic Planar Infrasonic Radiators
Two - 6˝ High-Definition Cast-Basket Reference Mid/Bass Drivers
One - High Gauss Reference High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR™) Tweeter
||20 - 750 watt/channel
|Built-In Subwoofer Power Amplification:
||1800 W ForceField digital/56 bit DSP Subwoofer Amplifier
|230 V @ 50Hz / 1800 Watts