Meitner MA-1 D/A Converter
With the introduction of Meitner Audio's very first product—the Meitner MA-1 Stereo D/A Converter—cost-no-object performance has suddenly become a whole lot less costly.
How did we do it? By utilizing the award-winning technologies Ed Meitner developed for our EMM Labs line of products. The result is a converter that turns the "you-have-to-spend-a-lot-to-get-a-lot" paradigm on its proverbial ear?
It also happens to turn your computer or media server into a high-end, high-resolution music-making machine.
MEITNER MA-1 - NEW V2 VERSION AVAILABLE!
Using technology developed in our flagship DA2, EMM Labs and Meitner Audio has once again updated both our multi-award winning DACs the Meitner Audio MA-1 DAC and EMM Labs DAC2X. The updates provide a huge improvement in transparency, accuracy and overall sound quality. The new V2 unit updates consist of:
- MDAC™ in both platforms are now fully discrete DSD512/8xDSD D/A converters completely built in-house at our manufacturing facility in Canada
- Our multi-award winning MDAT2™ DSP has also been refined and updated to synergistically work with the new 8xDSD MDAC™. The new MDAT2™ DSP does real-time transient detection, processing and up-conversion of all incoming audio, PCM and DSD, before sending it to the new MDAC™
- Our DSD audio signal path has been re-designed allowing for further enhancements in transparency during the DSD to Analog conversion process
- Proprietary hardware galvanic isolation for the USB Audio interface
- Support for DSD128/2xDSD and DXD streaming via USB Audio
- Support for DSD (DoP) streaming via TOSLINK, SPDIF and AES
Every other digital system from its proprietary jitter removal MFAST™ to its super accurate clock, MCLK™ has also been carefully revised as well for better sound.
Please note the V2 units performance are immediately noticeable and not subtle. So it’s quite a big jump in performance from the standard MA-1 and DAC2X to the V2 version.
We are also offering an upgrade package for customers with older MA-1s and DAC2Xs to upgrade their units to V2.
The Meitner MA-1 V1
- Supports sampling rates of 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz at
word lengths up to 24 bits through all 6 digital inputs
- Complies with the USB Class 2 audio interface standard
- Is simple to use. There's nothing to configure. Just plug and play.
MFAST™ asynchronous technology
Feed the MA-1 through any of its six inputs and the Meitner Frequency Acquisition System (MFAST™) instantly acquires the signal, buffers it, then strips jitter out completely. A high-speed asynchronous system, it decouples input from output. MFAST™ ensures that you'll enjoy pristine sonic clarity whether the incoming data stream is pure or anything but..
MDAT™: 2x DSD upsampling
From there, the signal goes straight into the Meitner Digital Audio Translator (MDAT™) which upsamples digital audio to 5.6MHz, double the SACD standard sampling rate.
The world's best dac/clock combination
Our MA-1 features the standard-setting MDAC™ dual differential discrete D-to-A and MCLK™ high-purity master clock modules. Together, they're music to our ears. Yours too, as an audition will quickly prove.
The Meitner MA-1 Stereo D/A Converter. It may be the first audio product that's equally appealing to those on a budget, and those with no budget limitations at all..
Key Features & Specifications:
- Supported sampling rates of 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz at word
lengths up to 24 bits through all 6 digital inputs:
- 1 x USB
- 1 x AES/EBU
- 2 x TOSLINK S/PDIF
- 2 x COAX S/PDIF
- DSD streaming over USB (DoP 1.0 specification)
- MFAST™ asynchronous technology for instant signal acquisition, jitter-free
- MDAT™ signal processing technology:
- Provides 2x DSD upsampling for PCM playback
- Preserves phase, frequency and dynamic integrity of the waveform
- MDAC™ discrete dual differential D-to-A conversion circuit
- MCLK™ high-purity master clock that establishes new benchmarks in jitter
- Sleek credit-card style remote control included for input switching
- USB service port for future software upgrades
- Serial port for wired remote control
- Power supply:
- Power factor corrected
- Universal 90V-260V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: max. 50W
- CE Approved
AES/EBU, USB, 2 x SPDIE Coax, 2x S/PDIF Toslink
Stereo analog outputs:
XLR and RCA
300 ohms balanced (XLR)
150 ohms unbalanced (RCA)
|| XLR outputs; 4.6Vrms (+15.4dBu)
RCA outputs: 2.3Vrms (+9.4dBu)
Dimensions W x D x H:
435 x 400 x 92mm