TSDX CD/SACD Transport
If there are two absolutes in digital audio, they are that: 1) Jitter never, ever
sounds good and 2) Ed Meitner has zero tolerance for jitter. In fact, he's spent
a lifetime finding innovative new ways to eliminate it. Nowhere are the sonic benefits
of his work more astonishingly clear than in the new EMM Labs TSDX CD/SACD disc
The TSDX CD/SACD transport has been built with the award winning technology used in the XDS1. Like the DAC2X, its companion converter, the TSDX transport has also been endowed with the latest generation MDAT™ up-converting DSP.
Connect transport and DAC2X via the single-cable EMM OptiLink interface and your CDs and SACDs are automatically upsampled to 5.6 mHz, double the SACD standard sampling rate.
MDAT™ also dynamically adapts to the transient nature of musical signal instead
of addressing it conventionally, as a series of sine waves. This technology enables
the TSDX to do something unheard of in the world of digital audio: preserve the
phase and frequency integrity of the original signal.
We think you'll find our hardware every bit as impressive as our software. Similiar to the XDS1, the TSDX employs the silky smooth, super responsive Esoteric™ drive mated to our latest generation digital systems.
The TSDX also uses EMM’s latest generation reference high-isolation resonant mode power supply based on XDS1’s power system. Its advanced systems allow it synchronize its operating frequency (or resonant mode) to that of every other system within the TSDX — reducing digital noise to the vanishing point. It also offers ultra-tight regulation and virtually complete isolation from power-line impurities and fluctuations.
Then there's our crisp new LCD display. With CD text data. And four brightness levels.
There's a silky smooth new machined aluminum chassis too. And a remote control machined
from a solid block of aluminum.
All told, we can't imagine a more perfect way to transport you to the musical event.
- Esoteric UMK-5 CD/SACD mechanism
- XDS1-generation Meitner Digital Audio Translator (MDAT™) signal processing technology
- XDS1-generation reference power system
- Precision-machined massive aluminum chassis
- EMM OptiLink digital output for DAC2X converter. Glass optical interconnect is immune from EMI/RFI interference
- Optical output for DSD from SACD or CD
- AES/EBU output for PCM from CD
- USB port for future software upgrades
- Serial port for wired remote control
- Precision-machined aluminum multifunction infrared remote control
- CE-compliant device
- Power-factor corrected
- Factory set to 100V or 115V or 230V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: max. 40 W
Digital Output Formats:
EMM OptiLink for direct connection to matching DAC2X Converter
PCM over AES/EBU XLR
Dimensions: W x D x H:
435 x 400 x 140mm